The Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID). Cape Town, South Africa (preferred, but flexible).
Closing date: May 15, 2011.
The Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID) is the only international feminist membership organization with members in all regions of the world. AWID believes that change to advance women’s rights and gender equality takes place by building collective power—when women organize and mobilize together to push for changes at local, national and international levels. This belief in building collective power is an integral part of our identity as a membership organization.
As part of our commitment to move from providing services to our members to building a more politically engaged relationship with our membership to collectively advance women’s rights, AWID is hiring for the position of Constituency Engagement Manager.
We are currently seeking a committed, creative, strategic thinker to increase and diversify our membership and strengthen our engagement with them.
As Constituency Engagement Manager you will be responsible for:
- Increasing and diversifying AWID’s membership through constituency building with a wide range of women’s rights advocates, organizations and networks as well as actors from other social justice movements
- Building a more politically engaged relationship with our members through a number of bold and innovative on and offline strategies
- Facilitating connections and alliance building between AWID members
If you have 7 to 10 years experience in a senior constituency building role developing and implementing strategies for building alliances and engaging with diverse women’s rights constituencies, we would love to hear from you!
Please download a complete job description:
- Cover letter and current CV (addressing how you meet the necessary qualifications and outlines why you want to work for AWID)
- The exact source/location you saw the advertisement for this position
- A 500 word essay on “What is the role that constituency building plays in advancing women’s rights?”
Fax: +416 594 0330
E-mail: email@example.com (please include “Constituency Engagement Manager” in the subject line of the email)
No phone calls please. Only email and faxed applications will be accepted. The application closing date is Sunday, May 15, 2011. We thank all who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AWID encourages, promotes and supports diversity in all aspects of its work.
To learn more about AWID and our programs, please visit our website at www.awid.org.