The Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID). Cape Town, South Africa (preferred, but flexible).
Closing date: May 15, 2011.
The Association for Women’s Rights in Development (AWID) is the only international feminist membership organization with members in all regions of the world. AWID works to strengthen the voice, impact and influence of women’s rights advocates, organizations and movements internationally.
We are currently seeking a committed, creative, strategic communicator to build our communications team and help AWID increase our impact through the development of high quality communications strategies and products.
As Communications Manager you will be responsible for:
- Developing and overseeing the implementation and evaluation of a communications strategy for AWID’s next International Forum in Istanbul in April 2012
- Developing and overseeing the implementation and evaluation of a communications strategy to support the increase, diversification and engagement of AWID’s membership
- Overseeing the production of a wide range of high quality multi-lingual communication products including publications, video and audio
- Managing the communications staff team and budget
If you have 7-10 years experience in a senior communications role with at least 3 years in a leadership capacity developing and implementing communication strategies, we would love to hear from you!
Please download a complete job description:
- Cover letter and current CV (addressing how you meet the necessary qualifications and outlines why you want to work for AWID)
- The exact source/location you saw the advertisement for this position
Fax: +416 594 0330
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (please include “Communications Manager” in the subject line of the email)
No phone calls please. Only email and faxed applications will be accepted. The application closing date is Sunday, May 15, 2011. We thank all who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. AWID encourages, promotes and supports diversity in all aspects of its work.
To learn more about AWID and our programs, please visit our website at www.awid.org.